Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

I played along with the MOJO Monday sketch challenge and I have to say I am quite pleased with the results. Check out that perfectly roasted turkey! Want to make one of your own? Check out Lynn Pratt's blog Stamp-n-Design. I am not sure where I first saw this but I remembered seeing it and searched for it so I could use it this Thanksgiving.


I used Very Vanilla for my card base and inked the edges with Soft Suede. I added a More Mustard card front and layered a 3 inch circle from the SU! Spice Cake DSP, which I also inked. Isn't it so pretty. I wanted to bring out the blue in, SU!'s In Color Pool Party so I choose that for my pennant. My turkey was made using the bird punch and owl punch, both from SU! I inked the bird a little, used the Designer Label Punch for my Whisper White serving tray after I inked it, and popped it all up with dimensionals. This is layered onto Very Vanilla cardstock with the edges also inked up. I will admit if I had some silver cardstock on hand the tray would have been silver. I added my sentiment from the SU! set Thankful For. Since I didn't want a bow like the sketch, I decided to add 3 Very Vanilla brads.

I really love how it turned out and soon it will be in my Aunt Peggy's mailbox:)

1 comment:

  1. Your poor post needs some lovin'! I really like the layout of your card!! Great Thanksgiving card!

    ReplyDelete