Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Halloween Treats Part 1- Clear Cellophane Treat Bag Topper

To share with you today I have a Halloween treat bag filled with orange and black Sixlets. These are a great treats to send to school with the little ones because they are processed in a peanut free facility.






I used Stampin' Up!'s clear cellophane treat bags that are in the Holiday Mini Catalog on page 11. They are perfect for filling with a variety of different candies from M & M's, Sixlets, candy corn, Reese's Pieces, and just about any other small candy. Don't want to use candy? How about pencils?

I filled the bag with alternating colors. The bag has a sticky strip at the end so it is easy to close after you fill it. Just peel of the protector and close. I then used the Round Tab punch from SU! to punch out Cajun Craze cardstock. I folded it in half and stapled it to the top of the bag. So the recipient didn't have to tear the tag, I made sure the sticky strip end was at the bottom and attached the tab at the opposite end. I then used the Happy Halloween stamp for the SU! set Gift Givers in Basic Black and stamped it onto Whisper White cardsotock. I colored then in using SU! inks in Cajun Craze, Soft Suede, and Daffodil Delight for the pumpkins, stems, and beaks. I then used a SU! Decorative Label punch to punch out the image and in a few quick seconds my project was complete because I just had to glue them over the tab with adhesive.

I made about 40 of these. I handed them out to my classmates in my Classroom Management class, the busdriver, both of the girls' teachers, the after school program workers, and the secretaries, principal, guidance counselor, and IS teacher at the school, who Lizzie takes her tests with. I hope it brightened their day, even if it was just a little.

1 comment: