Thursday, November 3, 2011

Halloween Treats Part 2- Fancy Reese's Cup in Disguise

As another special treat for Halloween, I disguised a Reese's Cup in a fancy costume. I took Frightful Sight DSP and cut it into 6 X 4 pieces. I got the idea for these from my CHIC 'n Scratch and her Week #4 of Halloween. I had saved a copy of it but has a hard time finding the actual link on the website so this link will only take you to her website and you could search from there if you wanted the actual tutorial. If you do look at the tutorial you will notive her measurement for the DSP was 6 X 4 1/4... I changed it to 4 so that I could get 6 from one sheet of DSP instead of only 4 and it worked out just fine.


I added adhesive to oneof the short edges and then along the middle section of each of the long edges. I placed my Reese's cup in the middle and folded the short edges so they would meet and pressed down. I then sealed each of the ends. I used the crimper to add the texture at the ends... cute touch I think! I used the Extra-Large Tag from SU! to punch out my Whisper White tag. I then stamped BOO! in Cajun Craze and the ghost in Basic Black, both of which are from the SU! Spooky Bingo Bits set. I added SUI Old Olive Grosgrain Ribbon and added that using a luggage tie. I snipped the ends of the ribbon to make sure they looked neat and I was all done!



I made these for the workers at the after school program my girls attend, their busdriver, and their teachers. They really were quick and easy but oh so cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment