Monday, November 7, 2011

Because Nice Matters

The Pals Paper Arts Color Challenge was a bit hard for me because I had never used Ricer Rock before nor do I use a neutral palette when making cards very often if ever. I am not sure why because I do love the look of it. It is just so clean and elegant.



I guess that is what inspired me to use the SU! Elegant Lines Embossing Folder. I used Early Expresso Cardstock for my card base. After embossing the River Rock Cardstock I adhered it to the front. The Perfect Pennants Die was a must have for me as soon as I saw it, and I used the scalloped circle one to cut out my Soft Suede Cardstock. Really, the Perfect Pennants is a great buy because you get 5 shapes on a single die. I spritzed the scalloped circle with some shimmer paint and then adhered it to the front. I used one of the leafs from the set Falling Leaves and stamped it onto Whisper White cardstock. I used a 1 3/4 circle punch to punch it out and then popped it up with dimensionals on the scalloped circle after I inked the edges by dragging the cardstock across the inkpad.. I didn't want my card to be Thanksgiving-y so I pulled out a way old stamp set called Sweet Little Sentiments because I felt like it just has the message I wanted to send with this card... 'because nice matters.'

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely card! I love the texture and colors! The sentiment is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete