Friday, November 4, 2011

Halloween Treats Part 3- Witches Boot

Today I am going to share with you the Witches Boot treat holder. I made this using the SU! Stocking Die and added a 3.5 inch circle to the end to get the boot effect using Basic Black card stock. I got the idea from Fran Sabad's blog but changed it up a bit. And yes, it is okay for you to get your inspiration from someone and then make it your own as long as you give credit where it is due. I have seen so many versions of the witches boot since I made mine and it is really fun to see how people have changed this or that to make their boot unique.


I snipped out a partial circle using the 1 3/4 inch circle punch and adhered it all together. I just used a pair of paper snips to define the heel freehandedly. I then placed it in my SU! Spider Web embossing folder and ran it through the Big Shot for the fabulous texture. I used the Box #2 from SU! to make my center, but cut off one end so it would be longer and sealed the top, which then became the side. Does that make sense? I adhered a boot to each side of the box using sticky strip. Instead of using cardstock for the laces, I decided to use ribbon. I used my Crop-A-Dile to punch out two holes on each side and laced the Pumpkin Pie grosgrain ribbon to lace the boot up. I liked how the laces turned out, don't you?


 I used the Lace Border punch from SU! to punch out Concord Crush cardstock and added it to the top of the boot. I then filled it with some candy for the girls teachers. I could easily fit several pieces of candy in there. I used a Kit Kat, M & M's, and a Twix bar, but I think I could have even put a few more in.

Here is the set of boots:


No comments:

Post a Comment