Sunday, February 16, 2014

Make a Wish with Perfect Pennants

I played along with the girls over at Freshly Made Sketches and this week's sketch challenge. I really love how the card turned out. This card is for one of my daughter's best friends. They met in preschool and have stayed friends. Even though they didn't go to the same elementary after preschool, they are soccer teammates so they still get to see each other on a fairly regular basis. I asked my daughter, Emily, what color she wanted me to make the card and she said pink... so I went to my Color Coach and looked at Melon Mambo. It suggested Old Olive and Elegant Eggplant so I went with it. It is kinf of funny because I upgraded all my ink pads to the new firm foam pads right when they came out and I had never even opened Elegant Eggplant! It is so pretty so I don't know why. That is what is great about the Color Coach- it helps you break out some colors you don't go to alot.

I stamped the cupcake from Itty Bitty in each color a few times and then punched them out with the 1/2 inch circle punch. I then punched out the scalloped circles with the 7/8 inch scallop circle and mounted the cupcakes. I had my Old Olive ribbon from last years Occasions mini and it was the only Old Olive ribbon I could find! I guess I need to put some on my order list... or figure out where my other is! I stamped the make a wish from the new stamp set Perfect Pennants. This was my must have item from this year's Occasions catalog. I knew right away that I had to have it (and the matching framelits but I didn't use them on this card). My card base is Melon Mambo.

Ask me how you can get a FREE Sale-A-Bration item for every $50 you spend before tax and shipping!!

Shelly

2 comments:

  1. What a bright and cheery card! These colors do look great together. Elegant Eggplant is a pretty color, though I rarely ever use it either. The color coach is good at getting us to use rarely used colors. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun this is!! Those little cupcakes are adorable and perfect for the sketch! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete