Friday, February 21, 2014

It's a Wonderful Life

Pardon the fabulous shadows... I only say fabulous because when you haven't seen the sun in three months you appreciate the shadows even when they mess up the pictures a bit for your blog. I will take any sunshine I can get.

I really love how this card turned out. I dug out a old In Color, Concord Crush, and used it as my card base. Yes, it is okay to dig out those retired colors and use them. I was actually quite surprised it did not make it into the color renovation and return. But, I hung onto mine so I am using it. I used the Papillon Potpourri butterflies and stamped 2 of each of the larger butterflies. I used Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Wild Wasibi, Pacific Point, Concord Crush, and Daffodil Delight. I stamped them useing VersaMark and then punched them out with the coordinating punch. I was going for a happy kind of rainbow theme. For the Daffodil Delight butterfly you might notice some sparkle. I stamped it with VersaMark, then added Heat and Stick Powder, heated it again, and then added the Dazzling Diamonds glitter. It is so pretty!!

For my sentiment I used the Perfect Pennants set. I used my Stampin' Write markers becasue I wanted the sentiment to be in three different colors. I stamped it onto Whisper White card stock and punched it out with my Decorative Label punch. I punched a second Decorative Label punch out in Pumpkin Pie, cut it lengthwise and added it to either side. I popped it up along with my butterfly. To give your butterfly some added dimension, fold up his wings a little.

This card will be off to a friend of mine!

Ask my how you can get a free Sale-A-Bration item for every $50 that you spend before tax and shipping!!

No comments:

Post a Comment