Monday, February 3, 2014

Valentine Treat Box


I made this treat box for my daughter's teachers. I love how it turned out and it is perfect to use for Paper Players Theme Challenge this week. Anne Marie's theme was to create a Valentine card or 3-D item. The idea for the box is from Stamp & Scrap with Frenchie. She has a great video linked to help you make one of your own. I did a snowman themed one a few years ago and decided I wanted to do another this year. The box holds 10 Hershey Nuggets.

My colors are Pool Party, Real Red, and Blushing Bride. I used some DSP to add a layer to the top of the box and to cover the nuggets. My stamp sets were It's a Wrap Holidays, P.S. I Love You, and A Round Array. I think the first two are retired and it really is okay to mix new and old... it isn't like we don't all have stamps we already own and I don't want to feel like I can't use them... so I do! If you don't have It's a Wrap set you could easily cover those two nuggests with Whisper White cardstock and punch a heart from the Owl Builder punch to add on top. If you don't have P.S. I Love You how about stamping the Woodgrain Background stamp set on some Whisper White cardstock and then punch out a Full Heart.

Don't forget it is Sale-A-Bration! Ask me how I can help you get a FREE Sale-A-Bration item for EVERY $50 you spend before tax and shipping.

2 comments:

  1. This is just ADORABLE! Love these colors and this is just the sweetest little box of treats ever! Thanks for playing along with the Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelly, this is so cute! I love the soft colors you used. That chocolate is almost too pretty to eat...almost! (Who can resist chocolate?) Thank you so much for joining us over at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete