Friday, February 28, 2014

Lots and Lots of Candles

My husband's aunt has a birthday coming up in a few weeks so I thought it was a perfect time to make a birthday card as I played along with Mojo Monday's Tall and Skinny sketch that you cna see here. Tall and skinny cards or anything outside of the A2 framework is hard for me. I am just completely out of my element so a sketch is a great way to try something. I couldn't make my card completely skinny so I did leave the back a little wider than the card front... but not much so my scalloped circles still hang over the edge of the card when closed. I used Bermuda Bay as my card base and then added some 1 inch strips of DSP from the Kaleidoscope DSP available in the Occasions Catalog. I then used a larger piece from the same collection as the larger front panel that was Crushed Curry. I cut a large scalloped circle in black and then a smaller one in Strawberry Slush. I stamped my birthday cake from the Best of Birthdays stamp set in Black Staz-on and colored it in using a blender pen and ink pads. I punched it out with a circle punch and popped it all up. I pulled my ink and cardstock colors from the DSP.

No comments:

Post a Comment