Friday, July 8, 2011

PPA Color Challenge... Not Singing the Blues!

Yes, blue is my favorite color and Stampin' Up! has a lot of great shades of blue. This weeks PPA (please see the post below to see the link) color challenge was Not Quite Navy, Marina Mist, and Bashful Blue. I love the look of white embossed images when I am doing a card with a monochromatic theme. It just looks so sharp against the different shades. Since it is summer, I wanted my card to have a more light and summery feel to it so I used the Bashful Blue as my card front and the medium shade of Marina Mist as my card base. I kept the darker shade of Not Quite Navy for the accent colors and used it here and there on the card. Since the Pocket Silhouettes images are petite, I love using them on small squares or circles so that I can use several of the images on one card. I like the variety it gives and the clean look. And what can I say about my sentiment "thinking of you" from Teeny Tiny Wishes? I love, love, love that stamp set. It is really the most versatile set you can buy and has a saying for pretty much every occasion. It really should be in every stampers collection.

Card Recipe:
Cardstock: SU! Bashful Blue, Marina Mist, and Not Quite Navy
Stamps: SU!'s Pocket Silhouettes and Teeny Tiny Wishes
Punches: SU!'s Word Window and Modern Label
Other: Stampin' Dimensionals, Clear Embossing Powder, Adhesive

Thanks for taking the time to join me today. Until next time... Happy Scrappin' and Happy Stampin'!

Shelly

P.S. If you are Disney fan be sure to check back soon as I give a sneak peek of my Disney album. It is nearing completion and I will have so much to share with you:) I think Ariel will be the first to appear...

1 comment:

  1. Dear Shelly. I love this card and I am with you with the beauty of the blues. I hope to create a card today to the challenge. Thanks for the inspiration of your card. You have many stunning projects on your blog.
    I added myself as a follower to your blog and look forward to more of your creativity.
    Here is a link to my blog. I would love to have you visit. http://thepursuitofstampiness.blogspot.com

    Inky hugs, Pauline

    ReplyDelete