Monday, July 4, 2011

Christmas in July

It is never to early to begin thinking about Christmas gifts. I will admit I have already started my shopping on my blog but not to my husband. Being a full-time student in addition to being a mom to two girls leaves me very little time right before Christmas to get anything ready for their teachers. What am I doing the week before Christmas? Not wrapping presents (that takes place on Christmas Eve or the wee hours of Christmas morning!), not making cute gifts for the girls teachers or bus driver... I am studying like mad for final exams. I am happy to say that this will be the last year for a while where I will have to study for exams as I will finally graduate next year (not that I am counting down the days but come on May 12th!!). But graduation is not yet upon me so I must begin thinking about Christmas gifts in July. Join me as I share some Christmas gifts that you could easily recreate for the teachers and other important people in your child's life.

This first gift was really quite easy to make. I got the idea from Sarahs Ink Spot and tweaked it a little to make it my own. She does a wonderful job with her projects and tutorials:) I can't remember the exact date that I first saw it but her blog is very easy to browse and you should be able to find it easily. I used Stampin' Up! window sheets, Stampin' Up! Designer Series Paper Jolly Holiday (now retired but maybe it will hit the clearance rack in a few weeks??), SU Card Stock in Cherry Cobbler, SU hemp twine, an older hostess set from SU, Snow Buddies, but there are many other sets that would work like SU's new Snow Much Fun (I just ordered it!!) in place of the snowman I used. I used the wonderful SU ink pads and blender pens to color the snowman in and then I used my paper snips to cut him out. I attached my cute little snowman using SU dimensionals.

If I can help answer any questions or if you need any Stampin' Up! supplies please let me know and I would be happy to assist you. Until next time... Happy Scrappin' and Happy Stampin'!

Shelly

No comments:

Post a Comment