Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Who Doesn't love a Reese's Egg?


Who doesn't love a Reese's Egg? I know I love them!!

I wanted to create a box that would perfectly fit a Reese's Egg. I must say being a math teacher came in handy when trying to figure out the dimensions. I used a 5.5 by 7 inch piece of Pink Pirouette cardstock. I scored the 7 inch side at 1, 3, 4, and 6 inches. I scored the 5.5 inch side at 1 and 4.5 inches. I then cut along the score lines on each of the 7 inch sides up to the 1 inch score lines to create my box.

I added a belly band in Pool Party to hold my box closed. If you want to create this box make sure the belly band is not to tight as you want it to slide easily off.

I used a *retired* stamp set called Festive Four. I dont make a lot of Easter projects so I don't buy a lot of Easter stamps so I used one I already had. Don't worry as you could easily substitute any smaller sized Easter stamp you own instead. I colored in my image using a blender pen and ink pads in Pool Party, Pink Pirouette, So Saffron, and Pear Pizzazz. I popped this up on a dimensional.

Here is a look inside the box:


Happy Stamping until next time!
Shelly

No comments:

Post a Comment