Monday, March 3, 2014

Is There Such a Thing As a Simple Thank You?

I don't know that there is such a thing as a simple thank you. Even if the card has a clean and simple design the feelings of appreciation mean so much. I designed this card with two challenges in mind. The first was a sketch challenge by Freshly Made Sketches that you can see here and then a thank you theme challange by The Paper Players that you can see here.

I kept trying to use a rectangular piece of DSP in the center and it just wasn't working for my card. I ended up pulling out my Labels Collection Framelits and cropping my Sycamore Street DSP that I got during last year's Sale-A-Bration. I used Pool Party as my card base. I colored one of the flowers from Posy Punch using my Summer Starfruit Stampin' Write Marker and then the petals with my Rich Razzleberry one. I punched it out using the Fancy Flower Punch. I did pop it up on dimensionals. My thank you sentiment comes from the set Wishes Your Way.

3 comments:

  1. You've created a lovely and clean card Shelley! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so colorful and a wonderful take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great way to use these papers! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players and sharing your creation!

    ReplyDelete