Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Happy Easter- Adorable Bunny Style



I love, love, love these bunnies from last year's Occasions Mini Catalog. So, they are reappearing in time for this year's Easter crafting projects. I played along with one of my favorite sketch challenges, Mojo Monday. It is contest week so be sure to play along!



I used Daffodil Delight as my card base and then added a strip from the Watercolor Wonder DSP. It has such great colors for Spring! I wanted to stay with more Spring colors so I went with Pool Party as my sky in my meadow scene. Instead a adding another layer, I used my paper piercing tool and added a double border to my Pool Party piece . To make it super easier to line up your piercings and keep them straight, use the Paper-Piercing Pack Essentials. I then added a sun using a 1 inch circle punch and I cropped it out of Daffodil Delight. I popped this up with a Stampin' Dimensional. To make it look lke my bunnies were playing in a meadow I used my scissors to add fringe to a piece of Pear Pizazz cardstock. I have the new Fringe scissors on my list but they are on backorder last I heard. I stamped my bunnies twice, once in Strawberry Slush and the other on Calypso Coral. I fussy cut them out and used two of one color and one of the other on each card. The first two are sitting behind the grass while the third one is popped up on dimensionals in front of the grass. I added a Calypso Coral bow. I tied the bow using a fork...here is the video. You can also use scissors in pretty much the same way. I can see that my bow tails aren't the same length on the two cards! I stamped my sentiment "Happy Easter" from the stamp set Teeny Tiny Wishes. On one card I used Calypso Coral and the other I used Strawberry Slush. I punched them out using the Word Window punch. If you do not have the set Teeny Tiny Wishes, I highly recommend adding it to your stamp set. It is the most versatile stamp set I have ever owned. It has so many different stamps and seriously has a sentiment for every occasion.

I am super pleased with how my card turned out. I had it created in my mind ever since Monday and couldn't wait to actually create it with paper and stamps. These cards will go to my daughter's teachers in a few weeks.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment