Thursday, July 12, 2012

Smile:)

How can you not smile when you see a kite soaring through the air? I decided to use the set "Send Me Soaring for my card today. In my new stash I got the set Fabulous Phrases and I used that to stamp me sentiment. I think this is a great card just to brighten someone's day for no other reason than to make them SMILE!

Here are links to the challenges if you want to play along:

Mojo Monday 249
Paper Players
Pink By Design

Here is what I came up with:



All my supplies are from Stampin' Up! unless noted.

For my card I used:
Stamp Sets: Fabulous Phrases, Send Me Soaring
Card Stock: Lucky Limeade, Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight, and Whisper White
Ribbon: 3/8" Ruffled Ribbon in Lucky Limeade, Baker's Twine in Lucky Limeade
Accesories: Chevron Embossing Folder, Adorning Accents Edgelits, Stampin' Dimensionals.

My daughter, Emily (age 6), was down here with me and while I created my card she created a card of her own. She asked me to share it with you so here it is:



I hope you enjoyed my card. Please leave a comment so I know you stopped by!

Shelly

7 comments:

  1. This is so sweet and Emily did a great job with her card, too!! I think you have another paper crafter in the making!! Thanks for entering the Ink it Pink challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable cards, Shelly and Emily! I love how you incorporated the colors. The chevron embossing folder adds so much texture! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelly, how wonderful that Emily was able to join you in your crafting! that's awesome and she made a fabulous card, too! I love all the texture you incorporated into the cards. So glad you joined the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shelly, this is such a cheerful card! Love the chevron embossing! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely smiling Shelly! The bright colours look fabulous with your sweet kite & I love all that embossing! Thanks for playing along with The Paper Players this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh, what a fun embossed background! Thank you for joining our ribbon challenge this week at Ink It Pink!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are beautiful and way to go Emily!!! Thank You for playing along with us over at Pink By Design got the Ink it Pink challenge.

    ReplyDelete