Saturday, July 14, 2012

Happy Birthday!

One of the girls on our soccer team is having a birthday. My daughter is attending her birthday party tomorrow so I wanted to make her a hand made birthday card. She is the cutest little girl and the team loves her. I decided to play along with a sketch challenge from Freshly Made Sketches. I think the card turned out great!!



I was originally going to use Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, and Lucky Limeade, but decided to pull out my handy dandy color coach first. I saw the combo of Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, and Tempting Turquoise and thought is was perfect for a summer birthday party at the pool.

I used Daffodil Delight as my card base. I then took a piece of Melon Mambo DSP and added the scallop from the Adorning Accents Edgelits. Isn't it pretty? I added a small piece of Tempting Turquoise card stock.  I used the Lablels Collection Framelits to cut my Whisper White cardsotck out. I then stamped the cup cake bottom three times in Daffodil Delight from the Hostess Set A Cherry On Top on Whisper White. Then I stamped two Melon Mambo cupcake tops and the another in Tempting Turquoise.I cut them all out by hand and adhered the bottom with adhesive and popped the cupcake tops with Stampin' Dimensionals. After that I added the Happy Birthday sentiment from the same stamp set but used a Stampin' Write marker to only stamp the part I wanted. A girlie birthday card is not complete without some bling so I added the three Rhinestone Basic Jewels on the bottom. I think it turned out super cute.

Shelly

5 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card Shelly ... love the bright bold colours and delicious looking cupcakes!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice card Shelly. I love that bling! Those cupcakes are so sweet! I'm sure your daughter's friend will love this card. Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colors Shelly! The cupcakes look yummy. Thanks for playing with us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a bright and cheerful birthday card. It's a perfect card for a young girl! Thanks for playing with Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bold bright colors, perfect for a summer birthday! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete